$4,999 per person/double room
$6,259 per person/single room
Federation is providing a subsidy to a limited number of participants from our Jewish community who would be unable to take part in this mission without them. Subsidized costs are as follows:
$3,999 per person/double room
$5,259 per person/single room
These amounts are for land costs only, which include luxury hotel accommodations in Israel, most meals, festive dinners, mega events and transportation in air-conditioned motor coaches with leading Israeli tour guides and educators. These prices do not include airfare.
- 2 nights luxury hotel in Tel Aviv
- 2 nights luxury hotel in the north of Israel
- 3 nights luxury hotel in Jerusalem
- Daily Israeli buffet breakfasts
- Most lunches and dinners
- 8 days of touring in deluxe air-conditioned motor coaches with leading Israeli tour guides and educators
- Entrance fees for all included activities
What’s Not Included
- Meals not in the itinerary
- Early hotel check-in, if you arrive before the trip
- COVID-19 related testing
- Suggested gratuities
- Travel insurance (recommended)
Payment for the Motor City Mission is by credit card only. Please note that your credit card payment will be processed in Israel. In the past, some payments have been denied based on credit card security concerns. To avoid any inconvenience, it is recommended that you notify your credit card company before making your payment.
A $500 per person deposit is required upon registration.
• The deposit is fully refundable until Thursday, September 1, 2022.
- 50% of the outstanding balance is due on December 1, 2022.
- The remaining balance is due February 27, 2023.
- From September 2, 2022 through December 1, 2022, there is a $500 per-person charge for cancellations.
- From December 2, 2022 through February 27, 2023, there is a $2,000 per-person charge for cancellations.
- No refunds will be made after February 27, 2023.
The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit (JFMD) does not currently, and will not in the future, provide any medical insurance coverage while on the mission. Any insurance coverage must be purchased for the mission on your own.
JFMD does not provide trip cancellation insurance for mission participants and any coverage must be purchased for the mission on your own.
Note: JFMD strongly recommends that all mission participants review their personal insurance coverage needs with their insurance advisors to determine if additional travel insurance is required. Additional travel insurance could cover items such as reimbursement for trip delay, missed connections, sickness and/or accident medical expenses, lost baggage, personal effects, baggage delay, etc.
Each participant must make their own decision regarding insurance, as the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit is not authorized to give insurance advice.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of providers should you wish to purchase additional insurance. Inclusion on this list should not be construed as an endorsement by JFMD.
Allianz | 866-672-9580
Travel Guard | 800-826-4919
Travelex Insurance | 800-228-9792
Travel Insurance Services | 800-937-1387
Insure My Trip | 800-487-4722
Motor City Mission and COVID-19
The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit is requiring all Motor City Mission travelers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. There will be regular updates regarding exact COVID-19 protocols. Closer to the date of departure, travelers will be asked to provide all mandatory documents and signed statements (e.g., proof of vaccination).